How it Works
JIRA Issues are movable & resizable blue bars
1. Drag'n'Drop issue to assign it to a person
Every issue/item is draggable
Drag'n'drop it from one person to another to reassign
The new assignee will be immediately updated in JIRA
2. Move issue to change planned start date
the new start date will be immediately updated in JIRA
3. Resize issue to change planned end date
the new end date will be immediately updated in JIRA
4. Click on a cell to create a custom item
add a note;
enter day off, sick leave or vacation;
book someone's time for a future project during a specific period;
create a placeholder for a JIRA task;
Setup & Use Workflow
1. ActivityTimeline сonnects to JIRA instance
Uses JIRA API
Uses REST over HTTP/HTTPS protocol
2. Gets the list of issues
Loads several thousands of last issues
Builds search indices
3. Shows calendar per each person
One week/month/year period
People are grouped by teams
One person - one row on the dashboard
4. Scheduled JIRA issue gets planned start and end dates
Start/end dates can be mapped to JIRA custom fields
One column corresponds to one day of a week or week of a month or month of a year
5. Issues are positioned in calendar based on three things:
Issue planned start date
Issue planned end date
6. Brilliant visibility who is doing what and when it's going to be done
View entire team on one screen during the whole work week
Keep an eye on all tasks currently in progress
Workload & Availability Indicator
Workload Indicator displays how many hours are allocated per each person per each work day based on remaining estimate of scheduled JIRA issues.
Availability Indicator displays how many hours each person has still available per each work day based on currently scheduled JIRA issues.
In addition, it displays week summary of allocated hours per every person.
Different colors indicate the "workload" of a day:
- Grey (0 hours - nothing scheduled)
- Yellow (significant underload)
- Dark green (underload)
- Green (nominal workload)
- Light red (slightly overloaded)
- Red (overloaded)
- Blue (vacation, day off, sick leave or holiday)
- Purple (vacation with scheduled work conflict)
Milestones Panel displays unresolved JIRA issues based on a Due Date field.
In addition, you may add your own custom milestones onto this panel. There are five custom milestone types available: general milestone, event, release, delivery and deadline.
There is no drag'n'drop on Milestones Panel as it does not deal with start/end dates.
"Team Filter On/Team Filter Off" determines whenever the panel shows all JIRA issues or issues assigned to current team only. Custom milestone events are always visible.
"Switch View" switches Milestones Panel between weekly and monthly views.
- Person Workload Report
- Team Detailed/Summary Report
- Project Detailed/Summary Report
- Excel Timeline Report
- Skill availability report
- Skill/Level availability report
- Person availability report
- Team availability report
- Position availability report
- Team Summary Worklog Report
- Team Detailed by Project Worklog Report
- Team Detailed by Issue Worklog Report
- Detailed Worklog Report
- Issues progress Report
- Vacation Report
An up to date ActivityTimeline Administrator Guide document is available at: https://activitytimeline.com/docs/ActivityTimeline-Admin-Guide.pdf
An up to date ActivityTimeline User Guide document is available at: https://activitytimeline.com/docs/ActivityTimeline-User-Guide.pdf
ActivityTimeline Help Portal with FAQ and complete online User/Admin Guides: https://activitytimeline.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/overview
Discover Major features of ActivityTimeline JIRA add-on
Frequently asked questions
Does ActivityTimeline work with JIRA Cloud?
Yes, ActivityTimeline works with both JIRA Server and Cloud.
Is it possible to request an online demo?
Yes, we are happy to walk you through ActivityTimeline Dashboard functionality: Schedule a demo session
Will ActivityTimeline update dashboard if I change something in JIRA?
Yes, synchronization is two-ways.
How issue start/end dates are saved into JIRA?
Planned start/end dates are stored into JIRA custom fields if configured or into internal database > Instruction
Can I upgrade my license in future?
Yes, you can upgrade your license any time. Upgrade price is a difference between new and old prices.
Start your 30 DAYS FREE TRIAL by clicking on the button below or contacting us:
Or try demo version of ActivityTimeline live hosted on our servers:
Username: demo | Password: demo
Join companies that already use the add-on